Rats and mice can be one of the most abundant and destructive of all pests the homeowner or business owner may encounter. Throughout history, they have been responsible for more human illnesses and deaths than any other mammals. The most common are the Norway Rat, the Roof Rat and the House Mouse. We specialize in rodent treatment plans and exclusions!
When in or around a home or business, rodents can cause problems
- They have the ability to eat and contaminate all types of food.
- They can damage and destroy property.
- They can carry diseases that are health hazards to both humans and animals – diseases such as typhus fever, Trichinosis, plague, infectious jaundice, Salmonella food infections, and rat mite dermatitis.
Identification of a rodent infestation
The signs of a rodent infestation include droppings, tracks in the moist earth or dusty places, and burrows in the ground. There will be signs of gnawing and runways in the grass or through trash. You also can smell the presence of rats and mice, especially in a poorly ventilated room. Sometimes you can hear activity in the attic or crawl space.
- Removal of Shelter
- Removal of Water and Food
- Traps with fresh bait
- Sealing Entry Points: Openings rodents can enter should be covered with rat-resistant materials.